Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Mentor---- Mr Chender Baljee

Theories are best kept in classroom


Mr Chender Baljee

Mr Chender Baljee is Managing Director, Royal Orchid Hotels Ltd. He has over 30 years of experience in the hotel industry. Mr Baljee is a gold medalist from IIM, Ahmedabad and has also studied in American Hotel & Lodging Association and Cornell University. He is the member of Bangalore Management Association managing committee.

Two things that my education/training taught me:

To dream big.

Respect everyone.

Two things I learnt from my work/ real life:

People are as good as its organisation. So if you want to grow, invest in your people.

Theories are best kept in the classroom. Hands-on experience is a different ball game altogether.

One quality I look for the most in a new recruit:

Someone who is not here to win a popularity contest, but to do his job and do it right.

A book that I read recently:

Leadership secrets of Attila the Hun, by Wess Roberts.

No comments: